Cayden....

Cayden....

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wheelchair........

               Today we got good news that insurance is going to pay 100% of Cayden's wheelchair, which comes as a big relief. We should be getting his wheelchair in the next couple of days.
                Cayden is upset that its not an electric wheelchair...he likes the idea of running unexpecting kids over in the halls of school! He said it could be camo so they wouldn't even see him coming!
                 The chair will be for an occasional use. He may go a week out of it and then three days in it....it is just for the really bad days.
                  This morning as we pulled up to school Cayden said "mom I can't climb those stairs" I said "why? Does your legs hurt?" He says "yea I just can't make it up them. My legs are really tired today"...I stopped a minute and took in the harsh reality that there are many mores times like this to come...I said "Bubba you tell momma what you want me to do to help you?" He stopped for a second and said I want you to help me get up those stairs. So with my pink eeyore pajama pants,blue and yellow shirt, pink slippers topped off by smeared make up and hair thrown up in a mess...I got out of the car walked around and told him alright son you take as long as you need to get up the stairs and I will help you. As I had explained many times before to him start up the stairs with the leg that isn't so sore....Very carefully he started up the stairs...with me by his side. It didn't take him long to get up them...and then he was ok, but the stress of those stairs really got to him and I was so proud of him that he was so determined to walk up the stairs that he refused to use the ramp!...days like this shouldn't be something that a 5 year old or any child for that matter should face....I do have to say the other parents at school and most of the teachers are very understanding and doesn't rush him!
              The rest of the day he played like a normal little boy...and this is what makes the disease so hard to understand....he can be sore and not want to walk part of the day...and then walk and TRY to run (eventhough he isn't supposed to) the rest of the day! I AM SO PROUD OF HIM AND CAN'T TELL HIM ENOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment